I made it!
The plane ride was relatively uneventful. However, I struggled to get comfortable. About 5 hours into the flight I realized that I normally try to sit in the window seat where my head will then tilt to the right for support. I've just come to realize that is my preferred sleeping side. Don't say I never learn something new each day.
I was excited to see "Drilbit Taylor" and "Run, Fatboy, Run" as my movie choices. I really liked the latter! I think I'm just not really an Owen Wilson fan.
Heather and John met me at the airport where customs was a breeze. The Velveeta cheese made it through with flying colors. It was a bit soft, but it hadn't oozed or anything during the flight. We put it in the fridge when we got back to their house to stiffen it up again.
We hit the road running by doing a drive-by of Arundel Castle. It is a working castle, meaning the Duke of Norfolk still resides there. The highlight of the building is supposed to be its library. Although it has a medieval feel, the surrounding town a mostly Victorian.
After dropping off my luggage at H and John's (pictures to come later), we headed to the sea. Technically, it's the English Channel. The shore line was pretty rocky....they were smooth cobblestone-type rocks. Once you were closer to the water it became sandy. One thing I noticed right away was the mounds of "sand poop" all over the beach. Apparently, lag worms burrow themselves in the sand, eating their way through. These piles are what comes out the other end of these clever creatures. I took a close up picture as well as a picture of just how many are scattered across the beach.
The water is FREEZING and full of seaweed. After snagging a few rocks and shells we headed back so I could sleep a bit before dinner. We headed to Tandorian Nights for curry and nan. We sampled a variety of dishes and argued over who would need to be rolled out.
Tomorrow is the BBQ with Heather's friend from school. It's also H's birthday, so we'll be sure to celebrate all day long!
Thanks for reading!
2 comments:
Looks like you are having a great time! I am so jealous.....
The castle was amazing!!
~jena
I wish we could have stopped in to see it but we still had a ways to go. That picture happens to be a 'drive-by' photo. :)
Post a Comment