I think I forgot to mention that we had a slight fender-bender the other day....basically, we got rear-ended. Today, the rent-a-car agency brought us a car and the garage came and took our other car away. So, all the miles we put on today were put on the rental!
Today was a HUGE day! We started just after eleven and headed to Greenwich to see the Prime Meridian. I was surprised to see just how close we actually were to London. There were tons of tourists!
After a nice lunch we left for Bodium Castle. It was built in the mid-1300s and had several towers and an actual moat!! With John in the lead, I managed to overcome my heights fear and make it up all the towers. Yea me!
Leaving the castle, we headed for Battle. Battle is where the Battle of Hastings was actually fought in 1066. John and H had seen it before, so I went in alone. I would have loved to spend more time on the trails, but closing time was only 30 minutes off and I didn't have a watch. It was an audio tour that was very informative and interesting. There were sevearl options to receive more information if you wanted it.
Finally, we headed towards Brighton. On our way, there was an odd figure placed on a hill. This figure is called the Long Man of Willmington. He was found in the 1800s and has been replaced with concrete in order to keep him from decay. No one really knows why he is there.
In Brighton, I finally got to see the Royal Pavilion and the Royal Pier. They were only walk-bys because closing time had already passed. However, the grounds were still open. You could definitely sense that the city was getting ready for the Pride Parade this weekend.
After stopping for another curry (cause I can't seem to get enough of it) in Worthing, we've just now gotten home. Everyone's buns are dragging...and bed sounds great! I'm hoping I've finally adjusted enough to the time changes that I can get up for a run tomorrow.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to email if you don't feel comfortable with the blog.
Miss you all!
2 comments:
Sounds like you are having a great time!! Keep the pictures coming. We went to London my Senior year of highschool, I loved it. Can't wait to go back again some year!!
Jena
I think we may be heading to London on Friday. Vicky has never been and thought it might be fun to ride the red bus tour-thing around. I took tons of pictures of Oxford today (fender bender put France on hold for now) but am too pooped to do a full entry.
Post a Comment