On Saturday we headed back up to Droitwich to see Pauline and Hannah. Pauline and her husband let H and John stay with them right before they were to emigrate to the US last time. So, long story short, when I was here last time I stayed with them as well. Pauline's family is just about ready to leave to emigrate to Australia. So, this was a goodbye visit for H and John.
We spent the day in Worcester. We ate at Subway (where they had a reggae chicken sandwich option....do we have this?) for lunch. I was a bit bummed that you couldn't swap your crisps for two cookies. Apparently, you only get one cookie for a bag of crisps. Ugh!
After lunch we did a bit of shopping. I bought some 'Horrible History' books about the British. I think I can use these as a classroom write-off on my taxes as I hope to use them in class....they actually are full of facts from a different perspective from the US.
We also stopped into the Worcester cathedral. It was actually free to visit. Very impressive. If our churches looked more like this, I would definitely need to take a sweater Sunday. A small choir began singing while we were there....it was absoultely beautiful.
After our day we headed to a traditional British pub for 'tea' (dinner). I had a lovely (look I'm sounding British) butternut squash and spinach lasagne! Yum!
We didn't end up getting back until 1:30am. Worcester is about 3 hours away. Today we're off to pick up Vickie from Heathrow and then over to Oxford.
Also, look at this border collie/corgie mix. Isn't he the cutest?!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment