The day couldn't have started better!!!!
For those of you who are unaware, I have a passion/obsession with Mini Coopers. The Mini factory is in Oxford, where Vicky is staying, so we've driven by it a few times already. Unfortunately, they only schedule tours 2-3 months in advance, so I wasn't able to get inside. However, each dealership does sell Mini merchandise!
Before heading back up to Oxford to spend the afternoon with Vicky (she had the afternoon off), we stopped by the local dealership. The lady in the store was SUPER friendly and let me sit in an extremely 'souped-up' convertable Mini!! I also spent a small chunk of change on a t-shirt and key chain. A dream come true.....
Since the traffic is obnoxious in the city center, we opted for a park & ride option. Oxford is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. The architecture is more than you could imagine. Many of the buildings inspired writers J.K. Rowling, JRR Tolkein, C.S. Lewis. They have tons of gargoyles and other "critters" they call ghastlies.
We went to the Natural History museum affliated with the university. The Prince Consort was a key figure in getting this started. I loved how they encouraged everyone to touch (nicely) various artifacts. I wish the Smithsonian would do a bit more of that. Hands-on rocks!
Vicky had never had Indian food, so.....we had it again last night! My mission seems to be to eat as much curry as I can before heading home! Yum!!
We've also decided to lay-in Thursday and gear up for Friday, which is to go to London in the morning. I think we're going to do the bus tour I did when I was there the first time. I'm hoping to be able to get off at the Portrait gallery and possibly the History Museum. I feel relatively confident that I'll be able to catch back up with them on the tour.
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment