Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lounging around

Saturday was another lay-in for me. H and John had to take Vicky to Heathrow in the morning so that she could catch her flight home. I spent the morning snoozing, doing crosswords, and researching where to go on Sunday.

Later in the afternoon I took a walk to the neighborhood store and picked up some soda and my new favorite candy bar, Chomp. The lovely thing about these chocolate-covered-caramel bars is that they only cost 15 pence a piece....that's roughly 30 cents!! I might as well just stick 'em on my butt...hee hee hee.

After trying a new recipe out of a BBQ book for dinner, H and I decided to go to the local cinema (movie theater) to watch Mamma Mia. According to Heather, going to the movies isn't necessarily a popular item on Saturday nights. After scavenging for a parking spot, we should have known better. Mamma Mia was sold out by the time we made it into the theater (10 minuets before it was to start), so we opted to see The Dark Knight.

A few observations about the movie theater....
1. It cost £7 each (roughly $14 each)
2. Popcorn options...sweet or salty
3. There were no Milkduds....sniff
4. They show about 15 minutes of advertisements before they tackle previews
5. They have a rating system similar to ours (PG, R, etc.)
6. Lots of people go to the movies on Saturday nights :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments: